Nevins 5th Annual Chili Cook Off & Cornhole Tournament
Saturday, October 22, 2022
11am – 4pm
NoDa Brewing Company
2921 N. Tryon St, Charlotte
Nevins Inc. was founded in 1959 by a group of parents who were determined to improve the quality of life for their child with Intellectual and Developmental Disability (I/DD) as they grew into adulthood. It is our mission to provide adults with I/DD every opportunity to achieve their full potential through employment and community involvement. We want every individual who needs our programs, whether it be for vocational education, music, art or yoga therapy, or community involvement, to have access to participate.
Event proceeds benefit Nevins programs.
Early Bird Chili Cook Off tickets are $25 now through October 21st (includes wristband for unlimited sampling, chili vote ticket, 1 beer ticket, 1 raffle ticket and an event t-shirt). Kids ages 10 and under FREE admission with a paid adult.
Event begins at 11:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm
- Chili Cook Off will begin at 11:00 am (cook off competition details below)
- Cornhole Tournament will begin at 11:15 am (tournament details below)
- Guests can begin sampling chili at 11:00 am & cast vote by 2:45 pm
- Event Awards begin at 3:15.
Live Music by DJ SKID | Raffle Prizes | Art
The Chili Cook Off will happen, rain or shine.
In the event of adverse weather conditions, Nevins Inc., in communication with NoDa Brewing Company, may cancel the Cornhole Tournament. Depending on the severity of the weather, our partner SportsLink may modify game of play. We will provide updates via Nevins event website, e-mail and social media.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any event questions.
Thank you to our 2022 Beans & Bags Sponsors!
We are accepting raffle items.
If your company is interested supporting our fundraiser, please contact email@example.com.
Think your Chili Has What It Takes to Win?
Chili Competition Guidelines:
- $50 entry fee paid with registration; each Chili competitor team will receive 2 beer tickets and be able to participate in tasting.
- Teams that register prior to October 1st are guaranteed an event T-shirt.
- Decide on a chili or team name
- Prepare 3 gallons of chili (equivalent to 2 regular size crockpots full) Limit 2 crockpots (8 qrt max, set on low)
- Teams will be provided with tasting cups, spoons, napkins, plastic gloves, and space to set up and access to an electrical outlet.
- Teams must provide a chili warmer (keep the chili at 140 degrees or about for the duration of the event), 6’ tablecloth, a ladle for serving and an extension cord. Bring Chili already cooked and warm ready to serve!
- Each team will have a voting box that registered guests will put their vote ticket in and collected at 2:45.
- Arrive to set-up at 10:15 am. Clean up by 3:45 pm
* PRIZES *
(Judged by special guest panel. Each chili will be rated for taste, consistency, visual appeal & creativity)
1st Place – Award & $100
2nd Place – Award & $50
3rd Place – Award & $25
(Each ticket holder will cast their vote for their favorite chili)
Award & Swag
We have 2 more competitor spots available. Deadline to enter is October 14th, 2022
Compete in Cornhole Tournament for a great cause!
Cornhole Competition Guidelines:
- $50 entry fee paid with registration; each cornhole competitor team will receive 2 Beer tickets.
- Teams that register prior to October 21st will be guaranteed an event t-shirt.
- Teams of two will be assigned a number in order of registration.
- This is a friendly social tournament so amateurs don’t be shy.
- All teams are guaranteed 3 games, but format may change contingent on weather.
- Check in at 10:30 am
- Announcements & Rules at 11:00 am
- Play begins at 11:15 am (you must check in by 11:00 to play)
- We will register teams the day of, contingent on available spots. Teams that register the day of event will not receive an event t-shirt or beer tickets.
- Awards at 3:30 (at conclusion of final game)
Discounted tickets for any registered cornhole team that wishes to sample Chilis and cast their vote. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase discounted tickets.
* PRIZES *
1st Place – Award & $200
2nd Place – Award & $50
3rd Place – Award & Swag